Seiten

Dienstag, 1. November 2016

Cosmic Wave: Graffiti-Soap


This months' soap challenge of Amy Warden was about the cosmic wave. Tatsiana Serko - Steso - was the host and showed the technique. By the way, I made this soap for the challenge and that's why my blog entry is written in English this time.

I was limited to color choices, the number of contrasting colors and how I layered them in the dividor - as well as length and direction of my pours.


I worked with a water discount and used 20% water compared to my oils. I find it so easy to unmold the soap within few hours and the texture is wonderful. Additionally, it's also possible to have a really thin trace.

In my lye water I added (only) citric acid since we have very hard water here in Linz, Austria. I choose two colors - a turquoise and red clay - and colored 15% of the soap with it (in sum; 7,5% each color). The essential oils I chose were rosemary & orange and a little bit of sandalwood.

The soap stayed very fluid! I could pour really thin stripes - and I stayed with the stripes in one direction. I put some of the base soap in a mug and did version 1 Tatsiana showed - I poured little color out of a squeeze bottle in the mug on top of the base soap and then I poured thin stripes with the mug. Since I used only little of the colored soap I had lots left at the end and I could put some color on the top of the soap.


After finishing the pouring I sprayed the soap with 99% rubbing alcohol (that's a little bit visible on the surface - actually, I regret this step since the surface would have been perfect and I usually don't have ash problems when I discount water), covered with plastic wrap and put in the oven at 70 degree (celsius) for an hour and then I turned the heat off (and went to bed). My initial idea was to keep it for 2-3 hour in the oven and put an alarm clock on but my boyfriend was not happy with it since we have two small boy-alarms that keep us awake most nights anyway :-)

After 12 hours I unmolded and cut the soap. I was so excited that I first cut through the whole loaf and then photographed it.


Amy was right when you plane the top of the soap the color gets lost, that's why the three shown pieces are not planed on top. They appear as they came out of the mold - it reminds me a little on graffiti, that's the reason why I named it that way.



_THE_RECIPE ("Traubi-Soda with shea & peanut") 
 OILS  30% coconut oil, 20% olive oil, 14% sheabutter, 12% grape seed oil, 10% peanut oil, 10% rice bran oil & 4% castor oil
 LYE   20% water, 6% superfat
 ADDITIVES  citric acid
 SCENT  rosemary, orange & sandalwood
 COLOR   turquoise mineral color & red clay (and titanium dioxide) 
 DATE  31. Oktober 2016

4 Kommentare:

  1. Liebe Diane,
    Oh wow!!! 💙💙💙
    Bin total angetan von deiner Seife und beeindruckt, dass du beim Wettbewerb mitmachst.
    Toi, toi, toi!!! Meine Daumen sind gedrückt!
    Liebe Grüße, Christiane

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Liebe Christiane,
      vielen Dank, ich wollte dich ja schon fragen ob du auch mit machst! Es war ganz interessant mal nach genauen Vorgaben und auch mit Limitierungen zu seifeln - sonst bin ich ja immer recht flexibel unterwegs :-)
      Vielen Dank für deine liebe Nachricht,
      liebe Grüße Diane

      Löschen

seifenimglueck@gmx.at