Seiten

Samstag, 12. November 2016

It's going to be a long way to "Cosmic Road"

Guess what: my cosmic wave attempt, the graffiti soap, for the Soap Challenge was not valid. I really needed a long time to understand what I did wrong. I was forcing the waves too much at the "graffiti soap" and not letting them just find their own way. So I started a new try. We come to that later in the next post. First I may introduce the first two comic waves I tried before the "graffiti soap".

Since my olive oil was a alcanet infusion my base for all the colors was somewhere between purple and brown, I didn't know how it will turn out. 15% of the soap base was used to color differently. I used three colors: black (mica), dark red clay and I lightend one part with titanium dioxide what looked almost grey. The final color combination was really a huge surprise since the soap batter was darker than the result.

I worked with a water discount and used 113 g of distilled water for 500g of oil - 22,6%. This way I can unmold the soap within few hours and I never have troubles with soda ash when discounting water.

I found my trace a little bit to thick, however, it was not too far from the trace I was looking for.

The choice of scent I used was lavender with a little bit of bergamot and a tiny bit of patchouli. The soap was sprayed with 99% rubbing alcohol, covered with plastic wrap and put in the oven at 70 degree (celsius) for an hour and then I turned the heat off (and went to bed). In that way I forced gel phase that forces colors to pop - especially for the alcanet infusion I was going for a gel phase.

Next day I unmolded the soap - the colors were totally different - a lot lighter than when I soaped. However, I figured that this is not the cosmic wave I was looking for.

_THE_RECIPE 
 OILS  30% coconut oil, 30% olive oil, 16% sheabutter, 10% grape seed oil, 10% rice bran oil & 4% castor oil
 LYE   23% water, 6% superfat
 ADDITIVES  citric acid
 SCENT  lavender, bergamot & patchouli
 COLOR   alkanet infusion, red clay and titanium dioxide 
 DATE  29. Oktober 2016

Next try for the cosmic wave: I choose four colors and wanted to have two soap batter, each with two colors. One of it was supposed to be blue and orange and the other one pink and green. I love these opposite colors an thought they could pop and look awesome. I soaped with 25% of water in the hope everything will stay fluid.

I took the two batter and switched between the colors. I put some white base soap in a batter, the a tiny bit of pink, again white base soap, a tiny bit of green and so on.
I played the same game with blue and orange. However, the colors started to mix a little because I had really thin trace and I switched between the two batter. Each time I put it on the table the soap run back in the batter and mixed a little with the base soap. Tatsiana put some colored soap in the batter when it didn't look colorful - BUT I DIDN'T HAD ANY LEFT :-(

In sum, the turned our completely different - I made a swirl and put some hearts on the top so it became the "cherry blossom hearts soap" which really smells beautifully and somebody will be happy with it on christmas.

_THE_RECIPE
 OILS  33% coconut oil, 33% olive oil, 10% sheabutter, 10% almond oil, 10% rice bran oil & 4% castor oil
 LYE   25% water, 6% superfat
 ADDITIVES  citric acid
 SCENT  cherry blossom (Gracefruit)
 COLOR   blue, orange, pink & green mica (WEP)
 DATE  30. Oktober 2016

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

seifenimglueck@gmx.at